MeetUps | Organisations | Links | How you can help | Exit models
Eurosceptics In The Pub
Who: moderate Eurosceptics, who want to leave or strongly reform the EU
Where: Rose and Crown pub of Colombo St Southwark in London, upstairs
Next meeting: Wednesday 10 December 2014, 7pm
Meetup page: Link - please use this to tell us you’re coming and get told about each month’s meeting
- In the next few years, Britain will decide whether its future is to remain in the European Union, probably by a referendum.
- Today, there are basically no strong, independent, grassroots, cross-party Eurosceptic organisations or movements.
- The majority of the British public is Eurosceptic, but to varying degrees. Some favour reform, whilst others favour outright withdrawal from all or part of the EU.
- Come a referendum, the British public needs to be armed with the best arguments the Eurosceptic side has to offer, and these are not yet being developed effectively
- The political class benefits too much from Europe to deliver a Eurosceptic victory, so concerned citizens need to band together to fight for one.
If you share these concerns, please come along.
Want to talk more about: democracy, accountability, social justice, freedom, equality, prosperity, efficiency
Want to talk less about: immigration, superstates, flags, anthems, sovereignty, corpus juris
No bores or conspiracy theorists!
Follow mk270 Follow get_eu Edit this page